The development of working memory in children / Lucy Henry.Material type: TextLanguage: English Series: Discoveries & explanations in child developmentPublication details: Los Angeles : SAGE, 2012. Edition: 1st edDescription: xvi, 376 p. : ill. ; 24 cmISBN: 9781847873286 (alk. paper); 1847873286 (alk. paper); 9781847873293 (pbk. : alk. paper); 1847873294 (pbk. : alk. paper)Subject(s): Short-term memory in children | Child development | Developmentally disabled children | Arbeitsged�achtnis | Entwicklung | Kind | Department of Psychology | | | DDC classification: 153.13
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
CUTN Central Library
Philosophy & psychology
This is a searchable open catalogue of all library of the Central University of Tamil Nadu.
|Non-fiction||153.13 HEN (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Available||43997|
1. The working memory model --
2. How is working memory measured? --
3. Working memory and typical development: part 1 --
4. Working memory and typical development: part 2 --
5. Working memory in children with intellectual disabilities --
6. Working memory, dyslexia and specific language impairment --
7. Working memory in children with Down syndrome and Williams syndrome --
8. Working memory in children with autism Spectrum disorders 9. Concluding comments
Using the highly influential working memory framework as a guide, this textbook provides a clear comparison of the memory development of typically developing children with that of atypical children. The emphasis on explaining methodology throughout the book gives students a real understanding about the way experiments are carried out and how to critically evaluate experimental research
Includes bibliographical references (p. 333-360) and index.