Decontamination of heavy metals : processes, mechanisms, and applications / Jiaping Paul Chen.Material type: TextLanguage: English Series: Advances in industrial and hazardous wastes treatment seriesPublication details: Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, c2013.Description: xvii, 435 p. : ill. ; 24 cmISBN:
- 9781439816677 (hardback)
- 628.42 23 PAU
- SCI026000 | TEC009010
|Item type||Current library||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Reference Books||CUTN Central Library Reference||Reference||628.42 PAU (Browse shelf(Opens below))||Not For Loan||36796|
1. Occurrence and importance of heavy metal contamination
2. Pollution prevention : principles and applications
3. Precipitation technology
4. Precipitation-crystallization technology
5. Reduction-oxidation processes
6. Electrochemical technologies for heavy metal decontamination
7. Adsorption : materials, chemistry, and applications
8. Calculation of metal ion uptake in environmental systems.
"From crystallization to membrane filtration, this book covers a wide range of subjects relating to heavy metals in the environment. The author explores the treatment, removal, recovery, disposal, management, and modeling of heavy metals. The text covers heavy adsorption processes including metal biosorption, ion exchange, and electrolysis processes for heavy metal decontamination. It also gives an overview of radioactive metals and their transportation in natural systems; presents various mathematical models for metal removal and recovery as well as transportation; and discusses a series of emerging technologies for metal treatment and management"--
Includes bibliographical references and index.