Engineering Materials : Research, Applications and Advances / K.M. Gupta.
By: Gupta, K. M | [author.].Material type: BookPublisher: Boca Raton : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2015Description: xxxix, 596 pages ; 24 cm. illustrations.ISBN: 9781482257977 (alk. paper).Subject(s): MaterialsDDC classification: 620.11
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
CUTN Central Library
This is a searchable open catalogue of all library of the Central University of Tamil Nadu.
|Reference||620.11 GUP (Browse shelf)||Not For Loan||37314|
1. Introduction to some recent and emerging materials --
2. Peculiar materials with fascinating properties --
3. Amorphous materials and futuristic scope of plastics --
4. Structures and applications of ceramics, refractories and glasses, etc. --
5. Polymeric composite materials : types and mechanics --
6. Sandwich composite materials, and stitched and unstitched laminates --
7. Biocomposite materials --
8. Special kinds of composites --
9. Biomimetics and biomimetic materials --
10. Superhard materials --
11. Advances in powder metallurgy --
12. Trends in the development of ferrous metals and alloys, and effects of alloying elements on them --
13. Recent non-ferrous metals and alloys --
14. Emerging and futuristic materials --
15. Special materials in specialized applications --
16. Vivid fields of ongoing researches --
17. Trends in the research of natural fibre-reinforced composites and hybrid composites --
18. Recent researches and developments of magical materials
Mechanical, materials, and production engineering students can greatly benefit from Engineering Materials: Research, Applications and Advances. This text focuses heavily on research, and fills a need for current information on the science, processes, and applications in the field. Beginning with a brief overview, the book provides a historical and modern perspective on material science, and describes various types of engineering materials. It examines the industrial process for emerging materials, determines practical use under a wide range of conditions, and establishes what is needed to produce a new generation of materials.
Includes bibliographical references and index.